ICF Consulting Group, Inc. Knowledge and Evidence Lead - Lima, Peru in Peru
Social & Analytic Solutions Group
International Health & Development
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas critical to the world's future. ICF is fluent in the language of change, whether driven by markets, technology, or policy. Since 1969, we have combined a passion for our work with deep industry expertise to tackle our clients' most important challenges. We partner with clients around the globeadvising, executing, innovatingto help them define and achieve success. Our more than 5,000 employees serve government and commercial clients from more than 70 offices worldwide. ICF's website iswww.icf.com.
ICF is currently seeking expressions of interest from qualified experts in biodiversity conservation to fill aKnowledge and Evidence Leadposition for an upcoming USAID-funded project in Peru. The project aims to (1) support the adaptive management of USAID programs under the Amazon Vision, and (2) improve knowledge and evidence for the conservation of Amazon biodiversity and climate change mitigation. This individual s responsibilities include providing expert technical inputs to identify, prioritize, and address knowledge and evidence needs.
This position will be based in Lima, Peru.
Hiring for this position is contingent upon funding.
The Knowledge and Evidence Lead will be responsible for leading one of the project s main work streams, providing technical leadership, and coordinating dissemination and capacity building efforts. As part of the project s senior management team, the Lead will support overall project oversight and strategic planning.
- Advanced graduate degree in a relevant field.
- At least 5 years experience working in the science and/or practice of biodiversity conservation and/or climate change adaptation.
- Experience with the processes and practices for knowledge generation in the conservation and/or climate change fields, including the peer-review process.
- Familiarity with the academic literature and relevant data sources in biodiversity conservation and/or climate change.
- Experience with strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting.
- Experience collaborating with a variety of stakeholders, including government agencies, academia, non-governmental organizations, and civil society.
- Ability to communicate about technical concepts with non-expert audiences in both written and oral formats.
- Familiarity with governance, biological, and socioeconomic issues in Peru.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Ability to work independently and liaise regularly with ICF headquarters.
- Ability to travel within and outside Peru up to 25% of the time.
- Eligibility to work in Peru.
- Understanding of the practice of evidence-based conservation will be a distinct asset.
- Understanding of the use of theories of change as the basis for designing and managing projects and programs.
- Familiarity with one or more specialized research skills such as the use of Geographic Information Systems, quantitative analyses, or technical writing.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to meet deadlines, prioritize competing responsibilities, and respond flexibly to changing priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with clients, partners, and team members.
- Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint experience.
Applicants must submit the following:
Cover letter CV in reverse chronological order including a list of references
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Working at ICF Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICFtogether for tomorrow.
About ICF ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us aticf.com.
Requisition ID: /1700001460/